Norsk English

About the museum

Voss Folk Museum was founded in 1917. The museum's first task was to buy the farmstead at Mølster, which today is one of three authentic farmsteads owned and preserved by the museum. In these three farmsteads, all buildings are still located right where they were when people lived there.

At the Mølster farmstead, which can easily be seen in the hillside above Vossevangen, there is a newer museum building, where permanent and temporary exhibitions give the visitor wider knowledge of the local culture. There is also a museum shop, and in the summer we normally have hens and sheep on the farm. It is possible to reach the museum by foot or by car. 

Including our other two farmsteads, at Nesheim and Oppheim, we have close to 40 antiquarian houses.